Meet the councillors!
Over two years
Leader of the largest Opposition Group (Conservatives), Chairman of Audit, Governance & Improvement Review Committee, Member of Children, Young People & Family Scrutiny Committee
What are you up to today?
Me and my council work
An Astley lad fighting for the area he grew up in.
I currently represent Astley Mosley Common Ward, which borders Salford, Warrington and Bolton Councils and is on the edge of Wigan Council.
I grew up in the area I represent and both my schools are in my Ward. I am the first Conservative for thirty years to represent Astley.
At the moment I am the leader of the largest opposition group on the Council. We fight for lower Council Tax, the money paid by people to the Council and for an end to waste and inefficiencies e.g. scrapping the Borough Life Magazine
My Typical Day
My typical day involves getting up to walk the dog, before heading off to work. I usually spend the morning at Court before heading back to the office. After a day at work, I head home to deal with my Council work, chasing up enquires replying to constituents that have contacted me, before taking the dog out again and heading off to my evening meetings. The meetings could be council ones, local resident meetings or Conservative Group meetings. Most nights I get home about 10pm.
What I'd do as "Youth Champion"
Install a statue of myself in Astley Park for everybody to remember me
How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Intellectual, Libertarian, humorous
Who is your favourite singer or band?
At the moment listening to Seasick Steve’s new album
What is the most fun thing you've done?
Travelled the world
If you had 3 wishes for yourself what would they be? - be honest!
Money, health & happiness
What did you want to be after you left school?
Were you ever in trouble in at school?
No, of course not
What's the best thing you've done as a councillor?
Help to make the place I grew up in a better place to live
Tell us a joke.
So I told my girlfriend I had a job in a bowling alley. She said “Tenpin?” I said, “No, it’s a permanent job.”
My profile link:
- what would you do with 10 grand
- Why would you like to be a councillor?
- Hello! in ashton, there isnt a college or university! would you consider building one to make it easier for young
- Dog owners let their dogs foul the streets and people keep steping in it, so what are you going to do about it?
- at some schools do u think their computers are secure from pop -ups and Inmature pictures? :I
- could you give aids to other countrys who need it?
- the skate park in ashton in makerfeild is to small and over crowded can you make it bigger and better
- Do you enjoy helping our local area – if so why ?
- is your job important
- What do u think about people calling other people ginge and orange hair. Cuz its not nice at all.
- View all my answered questions
No comments to display